Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Shopping

Today was a good day. Melissa and I started the morning with a two-mile run, and then we cleaned out the remains of the summer garden and planted garlic. The garlic will grow all winter while the ground rests and we'll harvest it early next summer - a perfect use of otherwise dormant garden beds.

After showers and breakfast, we spent the day shopping. We found some wonderful wool items for recycling at the thrift store, some great fabric and yarn at the craft and fabric store and a treat for the princess at Toys R Us. And I found a perfect quilt pattern book - there are so many good things in it - I can't wait to sew some of them up and show them to all of you!

Tomorrow afternoon I think I'll break out the sewing machine for a bit. Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Terri, it sounds like you and Melissa had a busy and fun day! I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy it and do some shopping. I'll look forward to hearing about your sewing projects. :)

Heidi D said...

You sounds busy like me.

I finally got out and about. I was couped up for 10 days. Today I was out doing Heidi stuff for 7 and a half hours and I still didn't get to go everywhere I wanted. :)

Anonymous said...

So nice to read that you have some free time now to do things that give you joy! Look forward to you sharing the ideas from the new book Terri.

Peggy said...

I am in the midst of making gifts and ornaments for Christmas. Sounds like you hit the jackpot!

DayPhoto said...

Since it has turned COLD here 15* this morning while we were feeding hay and doing 5:00 morning chores I really don't like to walk.

I really need to, even if it's dark on both ends of my work day...I really do, I HAVE to keep reminding myself.

Geez

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/