Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Quilt for a Princess!

Since I am heartily sick of talking about the test, I figured I would show you the quilt I made for the Princess this summer. Although you can't see them very well in these photos, the colors are purple, brown, pink and lime green.

She really seemed to like it, and it has a new home at the foot of her bed, where it matches her Hawaiian theme surprisingly well! The fabric caught my eye because it is covered in birds that look like they were drawn by Dr. Seuss - very fun and whimsical. Oh, and one of the fabrics has ladybugs scattered all over it! How can you miss, with birds and bugs?

It's machine-pieced and machine quilted. Now that I've learned the technique I simply love running a quilt through the machine! That's my new favorite part of quilting. Oh, and I also love hand-sewing the binding in place, because you get to sit with the quilt in your lap and feel how warm and cozy it will be!
And, now, dear friends, I must return to the books. Wish me luck!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those colors are so pretty!

Heidi D said...

I am in LOVE with it! I also wish I could machine quilt. I only have a sewing machine though. What do you use to get the job done?

I have the fabric for my first quilt cut out. After all of this house getting ready to sell stuff is done, I'm going to start piecing it together.

Maybe I'll mail it down to you and you can quilt it for me. ;o)

Wolfie said...

Awesome. Love it.

Great job!!!

WOLFIE

Terri said...

Thanks, Mildred and Wolfie! Heidi, thank you! And a plain sewing machine is fine - just google "machine quilting tutorial" and it will tell you how to do it.

yorkie's primitives said...

Very cute quilt. I love the colors and theme!

TC said...

Wow! Your quilt is as pretty as a "peryl."

(And good luck on the tests!)

Amber said...

That is soo very beautiful. I Love the colors!!! I think quilts are so amazing because they can express so much about a person, tradition, and even a family. Love it Love it Love it...

p.s I hope all is well with studying still. I'm sure you will do wonderful. I wish you the best of luck though.

Susie said...

Looks great Terri. I know she must love it. Good luck with the test.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Gorgeous!!
Almost done with the test!

Connie said...

Best of luck to you with the studying, Terri! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Happy weekend to you. :D

DayPhoto said...

THe quilt is beautiful. You do a great job sewing.

Here's to luck for your test!!!

Linda
http://coloradfarmlife.wordpress.com