Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ninety Days

As of today I'm ninety days out from finishing school. Sorry for these periodic updates, but I need to remind myself that there is an end in sight! It's necessary for my sanity!

Of course, I'm busier than ever. I take the official Self-Evaluation Exam next week - it's supposed to give me a rough idea of what my weak points are with regard to preparing for the certification exam, so I'm studying for that. I've already started studying for the board certification exam. And we're getting ready for graduation - paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.

Oh, and the hospital is really busy as well - summer is "trauma season" and we are a trauma center. If we thought the economic downturn would slow the operating room down, we were wrong! My clinical weeks are actually longer right now than they were a month ago, and that's likely to last all summer. Still, when you're busy, the time seems to pass more quickly, doesn't it? So, I'll look on the bright side of that one and just keep doing what I'm doing!

We lost a tree in the front yard to the storms yesterday. The tree was not a healthy tree, though, so I wasn't really surprised when it took the fall. I think this has been one of the rainiest springs I can remember. I can't really say I'm complaining - after last year's drought it's really tough to complain, isn't it? And my flowers are loving it, and the grass is growing like crazy, so hay should be easier to find this year than last year. That's a definite plus!

I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. As for me, it's time to break out the books!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. 90 days, that's not so far away now. We have a 90% chance of rain again today, but like you, I'm not complaining. Hope you get some good, quality studying done this weekend.

Peggy said...

Wow! Not far to go and you will be finished! Way to go. You have and are working hard toward a wonderful future.

em's scrapbag said...

I understand the need for the count down. When hubby was in school we use to joke that the light at the end of the tunnel had been turned off due to budgetary restaints. 90 days will be through soon with as busy as you. Just keep swimming!

Connie said...

Hang in there, Terri! You are doing great! You have a lot to juggle, but you can do it. I'm pulling for you. :D

Here's a big cheer for all that you have accomplished so far---HURRAY!

OK, your blogging break is over now. Back to the books! ;)

Susie said...

Terri, I'm very happy and proud for you. I know you are so happy that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger everyday. Good luck on your next exam.

Terri said...

Thank you all for all the great support - you guys are the greatest! :)

Terri

TC said...

Sorry I've not been around lately. You've heard the excuse: it's the beginning of the growing season. There. I used it again. It's "Nowor" never!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

90 days isn't that long! Yeah! I don't think it's rained this much here in years! Hope you had a good weekend!

Heidi D said...

Happy studying. :)

Love the rain too.

DayPhoto said...

Good for you! You are almost there!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/