Monday, May 25, 2009

Porch Swap

A few weeks ago, I signed up for a Porch Swap hosted by Char at Pickled Pepper Patch. I was a little bit nervous about doing this, because even though I love making things I never think those things are good enough to pass on to other people. But, it gave me something else to focus on besides that awful test that has been hanging over my head all these weeks, and I really needed new porch ideas, so I gathered up my courage and signed up.


As it turns out, I got paired up with Valerie, who lives just a few miles away from me! How cool is that? Valerie is a UT alumni and she loves primitives and flowers as much as I do. So, today we met in person to conduct the swap, and I had such a great time!

Here we are at the restaurant:
Here are all our goodies on the table:

And here is what I got in the swap - I definitely got the better end of this one. Valerie is hugely talented, and she even has an Etsy shop! Look at this sweet little primitive gal. Doesn't she look darling with my plants? And, I can't tell you how many times I've seen planters just like this one at flea markets and boutiques and they've always been out of my price range. Isn't it darling? Look at the little boot!
This bird feeder is adorable, and Valerie shows you how to make them on her blog. I was so hoping for one of these! :)
And, finally, look at this windchime. You can't see it well because I'm a bad photographer, but it suits my porch perfectly.

Really, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect swap. Or a more perfect swap partner. Thank you so much, Valerie - I really enjoyed meeting you and I love my porch! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun. What a great way to spend the afternoon - meeting a fellow blogger and sharing goodies over lunch. I love how everything makes your porch look so inviting!

Terri said...

Mildred, it was great fun! So neat to put a face with a name, and these swaps give me so many great new ideas! :)

Terri

Connie said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. What neat treasures you swapped too. I love the windchime.

Unknown said...

oh how wonderful!...i love everything!...glad you had a great time!

yorkie's primitives said...

Terri I am so glad you liked everything and I had a great time. Meeting the person that made the gifts made it seem so much more personal. Visit my blog to see what Terri gave me. It's great! Thanks for a great day, Valerie

Susie said...

Terri that does sound like fun! You certainly received some wonderful things. What's it like to meet a fellow blogger?

Stitchesnstrokes said...

Hi Terri! Wow, I knew that Valerie had worked very hard on your swap and you BOTH got wonderful goodies! I'm so glad that you enjoyed, it, it looks like you had so much fun!! Loved the things that Valerie got too! Very nice. :)

Becca's Dirt said...

You got some nice lovelies there. What a neat idea. Becca

Terri said...

Daisy, the windchime is fabulous - Valerie was a great swap partner!

Char, thanks so much for hosting the swap!

Valerie, thank you once again for a great swap!

Susie, I really enjoyed meeting Valeria and sharing ideas - bloggers really are neat people!

Nancy, Valerie said you were a great friend. I was so pleased with what I got from the swap - I really hope Valerie was as happy as I was. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog!

Becca it was a great and fun idea - I love swaps!

Terri

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Fun! Fun! You got some great things!