Monday, February 2, 2009

Clay Hill (& Thistledew) in the Snow

We're having snow today - enough snow that I was allowed to leave the hospital early. Enough snow that they closed schools at noon, and enough snow to turn an ugly clay mess into a winter wonderland.





Here's the happy little garage, with its hay bale out front and the chicken coop off to the right.
Even the chickens were surprised at the amount of snow we have!
If it stays like this, I am taking a vacation day tomorrow and staying home - the roads were turning slushy and icy on the way home this afternoon, and if the temperature drops overnight, it'll be ice, ice, baby! And that will go over as well as the rap song of the same name, so I don't want to be driving in it if I can help it.











So, how's the weather at YOUR house?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri, So glad you are safely at home. Your scenery is quite beautiful though. We have fairly mild temps and drizzle today. Thanks for your comment about Nalley's umpiring days - he'll be thrilled that someone knew the players he mentioned! I'm like you, all the players I once knew are crippled up with arthritis now! ha Enjoy your time at home.

Terri said...

Thank you, Mildred! Our drizzle is just a little more solid, at the moment! :)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

That's a lot of snow! I was so glad it didn't snow here! Take a vacation day and build a snow man--you have to watch out for the ice, ice baby....I'm going to have that song stuck in my head now!

Anonymous said...

We still have snow from last month here, and I'll have snow on the north side of my house until almost may, but for now we have sunshine and some semblance of warmth. I's actually getting up in to the 50's during the day this week.

Susie said...

We are having sunny but cold weather. We are also having lots of wind which keeps me from being outside much.

Terri said...

Amy, sorry for sticking you with a bad 80's rap song! :)

Anna, we're supposed to be in the 60's this weekend, but it's 23 degrees here now, so I'm not sure I'm buying it.

Susie, I can't get out much right now, either, and I hate it!

Jill.BF said...

Great photos!
It is chilly in Pittsburgh right now, but the VICTORY PARADE for the Steelers starting in just a few minutes will help keep us warm!!!

Connie said...

Stay safe and warm! Weather here is still cold!! 7 degrees at the moment and still about 6 or 7 inches of snow on the ground. It is supposed to warm up to the 40s this weekend though so hope some of it will melt off. Spring will get here eventually. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri,
Snow is so pretty! And that's all I'm going to say about it and we see a lot of it here in MN.
Hope you are feeling better soon!