Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, the weekend is nearly over and I did NOT get my to-do list completed. The chicken coop will simply have to be cleaned next week, or one afternoon this week if I get finished with class early enough. Melissa and I stained boards Friday night, but it was too humid Saturday and I got bogged down today - I'm just taking a quick break to post this, and then it's back to work. :(

This is entirely my own fault, because I always think academic stuff will go faster than it does and I never allow enough time to do it. I think this is because I have always been able to read very fast, but studying and writing are different, and even though I am reasonably fast at them I think I consistently underestimate the sheer volume of material there is to cover. Then I get overwhelmed, and feel like I'm drowning, and letting everybody down, when really almost everybody is okay with me helping when I can and then retreating into my cave to study. I'm the only one who makes it an issue. Sigh.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the clinical logs - grrr! I will be glad to graduate just so I don't have to log every single case anymore! But, they're caught up, so now I really will try to keep them that way.

I did get the power bars made - they turned out great! I'll try one for breakfast in the morning and we'll see what kind of staying power they have. Ideally, they'd keep me reasonably satisfied from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m., but that's probably being unrealistic. Anyway, they tasted good, and I modified the recipe somewhat, but that's another post!

Also, I found my lost book! Hooray, woohoo, and thank heaven - we simply couldn't aford to replace it, so I was really sweating on that one. Although, part of the reason I didn't get more done this weekend is because I spent so much time searching for that wretched thing. Grrr, again!

So, it's back to work for me now, and back to the hospital in the morning. Have a good evening, everyone, and I'll do an update on the homemade power bars tomorrow!

Terri

No comments: