Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Award, and an Early Morning

Well, I guess I've trained myself to wake up early, because this morning at 5 a.m. I was wide awake. I tried to lie there and go back to sleep, but it didn't work. So, here I am, blogging! It's really sad that sleeping 'til 5 feels like I've slept in! :)

Deb at Brandyanne's Candles & Prims is doing a sale to try to help a fellow in their area who is struggling with some medical problems - check out her blog to find out more. Her candles and soaps really are wonderful, so if you have some Christmas shopping to do, consider her store.

I had a pleasant surprise this morning when I looked at my comments - Daisy gave me an award! The "Marie Antoinette: A Real Person, A Real Award" blog award! I have to confess that I have no idea what that means, but, hey, as Daisy says on her delightful blog, I like cake! Thank you very much, Daisy! It was very kind of you to think of me!


Here are the rules that accompany this award:
1. Please put the logo on your blog
2. Place a link to the person from whom you received the award
3. Nominate at least 7 or more blogs
4. Put the links of those blogs on your blog
5. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them

Here are my nominees:

Cherish Yesterday
Life in New Hampshire
Simple Needs
Life in Pink Hi-Tops
Pilgrims & Pioneers

I am going to break the rules and nominate just 5 - I really think 7 is a bit greedy. We need to leave some blogs for other people to nominate, right? So, to the real women I'm nominating - accept if you want to play, and ignore it if you don't. Just know that I think you're all pretty darned awesome!

Terri

5 comments:

Debra said...

Oh gosh It is sad when you think 5 am is sleeping in! Thanks so mich for the award!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

That is so sad that sleepin 'til 5 is like sleeping in!
Thanks for the award!

I looked for the little zoo at Stone Mountain, too. I couldn't find it and thought I had gone crazy! I'm gald you remeber it, too. I had not been there in about 10 years either!

Terri said...

Well, I had a productive morning, anyway! :)

Debra, I did link to your charitable sale - you might think about posting it on some forums, as well.

Amy, you're not crazy - there was a cute little zoo there. I guess it must be gone now. :(

Terri

Connie said...

5:00 am is TOO early! Yikes! I guess you got your day off to a good start though if your morning was productive. I hate it when I finally have a morning when I can sleep in and then I wake up early anyway.

Terri said...

Yes, Daisy - I was really mad at myself for waking up so early. But, what do you do? I did make up for it with an afternoon nap, though - I love naps!

Thanks again for the award!

Terri