Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby Angle

Let me start this post by saying that there's a lot to love about East Tennessee. Beautiful mountains, rolling hills, rushing rivers, and four distinct seasons that remain mild enough for comfort make this place easy to love.

The local people, though, are surely East Tennessee's greatest treasure. You'd be hard-pressed to find a kinder, more generous group of folks with which to pass the time. So, this post is NOT intended to malign anyone.

However, some things just strike me as funny. The more tired I am, the more funny these things seem, and needless to say, at the moment I am VERY tired. So, when I went into one patient's room today, I was touched to see that somebody had left a personalized inscription on the whiteboard in the room. And then I took a closer look. "We love you, baby angle!" Hehehehehe. Baby angle. Is a baby angle an acute angle? :)

Seriously, I am as prone to typos as the next gal, so I have probably written more than one thing that made somebody else giggle. But you guys still keep reading this blog, in spite of it all. That's why I love you, baby angle!

9 comments:

andrea said...

ol.ctoo cute :)

flydragon said...

Haha, thanks for the chuckle this evening:))

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Very cute!

Susie said...

That's funny Terri!

Donnell said...

This made me chuckle. I have many students who engage in creative spelling. I console myself that contemporaries spelled Shakespeare's name several different ways, and there is even evidence he himself spelled his name differently from time to time. (http://shakespeareauthorship.com/name1.html)

Besides, maybe this was just a really "sharp" kid.

Terri said...

Thank you, everybody, for the kind comments! Donnell, you make a good point! Hehehe!

Julia said...

My husband has been ranting about how bad this recession is going to get and if we go belly up we are moving to Nashville TN. So there will be two more acutely bad spellers in the state. i.e. my husband and I.

Now I have no idea how he came up with Nashville... he is rather random like that.

TC said...

For writers (and if you blog, you're a writer), life is full of potential topics. And you don't have to look very hard to find one either.

Your Word Verification word, "bilibetw" was too difficult for me to do anything with this early in the mornin! "Mormudd" was an easy one.

Connie said...

HA HA HA! Well, you know spellcheck doesn't work in places other than the computer. :D

That kid will probably always say things that are right to the "point."