Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Studying

It's raining here today, and that means I can't do much outside. This is a blessing, really, because we were in a drought state most of last year. We can use the rain, because we still have a lingering water deficit. I just wish we already had a rain storage cistern in place to store some of this precious water for the summer... alas, that won't go in 'til late fall, at best.

So, we'll just hope that this year is a better one, rain-wise, than the last one. In the meantime, you won't hear me complain much about the rain. My plants (aside from some seedlings that drowned from a bit too much water!) are enjoying the weather. I moved a bunch of plants this week, and I think that the reason nobdoy's showing any signs of transplant shock is because they've had a constant gentle bath for three days now.

The other reason I'm not unhappy about a rainy Saturday is that it kind of forces me to stay indoors and get some studying done. So, it's off to the books for me - I hope all of you have a fabulous, wonderful, restful yet productive weekend!

9 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Have a great weekend!Learn lots!

Anonymous said...

Here in GA, hail is predicted today. It was one year ago that almost every home in a five mile area of here got a new roof due to hail damage. Glad that I am forced to stay in too and get some cleaning done. When it's pretty outside, my garden "calls" to me too! Hope the studying is productive. Take care.

Cris said...

It is raining here in Missouri too. They are actually saying it may turn to snow tonight. That means I have to stay in and CLEAN! yuk! But then I will do some painting! Sometimes the first spring days can be so overwhelming for me outside. So much to do, but the results are so rewarding. I love walking the gardens in the evening and looking at everything growing, and that really exhausted feeling after a day of hard work outside. Study hard, my friend...

Wolfie said...

Enjoy the rain and gets lots of studying done!!! (((HUGS)))

We've been getting rain too and it's in the 30's here today.

CRAZY!!!

WOLFIE

Yarn Princess said...

Enjoy the day... Hope the storms later today don't damage your "crops". :) Do you believe that they are saying mid 30's tomorrow night??? Crazy!

Terri said...

Thank you, Em!

Mildred, I hope you don't get hail today!

Cris, painting is a huge job - good luck with that!

Wolfie, I hope you have a fabulous day!

YP, I know! Luckily the stuff we've planted so far is pretty cold-resistant!

Susie said...

There's nothing like that rainwater to make your plants fat and sassy!!!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

It poured here all day, too. Should have stayed in but we needed groceries....Have fun studying and watching the rain puddles!

Connie said...

We had some rain yesterday too. Spring rain will make the flowers grow. No complaints here. :)