Thursday, March 26, 2009

Packages!

Nothing brightens a gray day like packages coming in the mail! And, lucky me, I've had some packages over the past couple of days!

First, Em's fat quarter came in the mail. You'll recall that Em is giving away fat quarters for each pound she loses to people who give her encouragement, so head on over and give the girl some support!


I'm having issues getting photos transferred from my camera to my computer, but do you see the blue with pink roses peeping from behind the purple fabric? That's mine! It is gorgeous, and it's generously sized. I want to make a handbag out of it, but I don't seem to have a good coordinating fabric in my stash! You know what that means, right? Exactly - I have to go to the fabric store! I'm trying to stay away from that place, honestly I am, but sometimes you're simply left with no choice!



Second, Kim's garden basket came! This was a real treat - first, she had chocolate tucked in there! :) The garden sign is gracing my front bed, the celery melters smell just like spring, and the little tin bucket is the perfect size for storing my hand tools on the porch, because I can't go out without messing in one of the beds.


Oh, and I think I've finally got some gloves I can actually wear while gardening, thanks to Kim! I can't stand stiff, heavy gloves (and so I usually just skip them - to the detriment of my hands and nails!) but these are soft fabric with grippers on the palm and fingers! Kim, my hands thank you!


And if you'd like your own fun package, be sure to enter my giveaway. You have until April Fool's Day to enter! :)

10 comments:

Thistledew Farm said...

Hurray on the goodies!

Anonymous said...

Great goodies and have fun at the fabric store! Love those places.

simple~needs said...

hey, glad you got your box of goodies! heck, you got a bunch of great stuff in the mail
hugs, kim

Terri said...

Melissa, thank you! Hope you have good appraisal news!

Thanks, Mildred! I also love the fabric store, although I definitely have to watch the budget!

Kim, thank you so much for the great basket! It was awesome to get that in the mail! It made my day!!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Yeah for packages in the mail!!

Terri Steffes said...

I saw you at Mildred's at Nalley Valley and thought I would come and say hi! We have such a beautiful name that I couldn't resist (and spelled correctly, too, I might add!) Your blog is delightful!

Terri said...

Thank you, Amy! :)

Terri, glad you stopped by! Feel free to enter my giveaway if you come back by!

Terri

Julia said...

Yee haw! I bet your going to make some aprons from antiquity from that! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Connie said...

What fun! Congrats on all the neat packages. Surprises in the mail are always such day brighteners. :D

Susie said...

Looks like you got some good stuff there girlie! Always fun to get good mail!