Friday, March 13, 2009

The Best Cinnamon Rolls On The Planet

Cinnamon rolls are heavenly. They're sweet and gooey and warm and soft and heavenly. Nobody can resist them.

So, when I needed an appropriate "Thank You" gift for one of the doctors at the hospital, I immediately thought of bread. But, plain bread, while spectacular fresh from the oven, is often rather plain when it has cooled. I needed something spectacular. Something that would stay spectacular even when cooled. And, really, is there anything more spectacular than fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls with maple glaze? I think not!

And the rolls were a rousing success. People loved them. People ate them by the plateful (I made a lot of rolls) and then people begged for more. People declared them The Best Cinnamon Rolls on the Planet! And you can make those same people-pleasing rolls. They're easy.

I know, I know - you don't believe me. Oh, ye of little faith! I promise that you can make delicious, fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls in your very own kitchen, even if you've never made bread before. There's a tutorial, with pictures and everything! Just head over to The Pioneer Woman - Cinnamon Rolls 101 and prepare to bedazzle your friends and family with your bodacious baking skills! While you're there, try a few of her other recipes - the Twice-Baked Potatoes are to die for!

Oh, and I totally stole the photo from PW's website. My rolls looked remarkably like that, but PW has a better camera. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link - I'd like to try the rolls and the potatoes. Hope you have a good weekend.

Terri said...

Mildred, her recipes (so far) have always turned out well for me. Have a great weekend!

Terri

Connie said...

I can almost smell them baking from here. :D Thanks for the recipes link. They look delicious.

Terri said...

Daisy, when I made these I kept some here for the boys. My son said, "There comes a time when food transcends itself and becomes something else entirely... this is one of those times!" They really were good!

TC said...

I often notice men eat more than they cook. Can you mail me some of those rolls please??

simple~needs said...

you have got to try those appe dumplings with moutain dew.... they are awesome!!! so is the brisket nachos and the prune cake and the cauliflower soup. can you tell i love her food??!!

simple~needs said...

pssst.... i need your addy. you won!

Susie said...

I love Pioneer Woman. She has such an interesting life and all her recipes look and sound so yummy. Have you tried that chocolate sheet cake? It looks incredibly delish!

Terri said...

TC, I'll work on that! If you get a gooey package in the mail, you'll know who to blame!

Kim, I haven't had the nerve to try the prune cake, but maybe I should! Oh, and I can't believe I won - thank you so much!!!!

Susie, no I haven't tried the sheet cake, but that's because I know who would eat most of it, and that person doesn't really need any more padding on her hips! :)

Terri

countrychicken said...

I have been looking at that recipe for awhile thinking it would be to hard. I'll have to give it a try. Have a good weekend.

Dana said...

How funny that you recently made these too. Must be in the stars.

Terri said...

CC, they are super easy! Try them - you won't regret it!

Dana, your rolls looked fabulous, too! I really thought my boys were going to founder on them here!

Terri