Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fitness Challenge - Want to Play?

Abby, over at A Feathered Nest, has had a flash of brilliance and is hosting a Spring Fitness Challenge. Everybody's paying ten dollars to enter, and the person who loses the most weight wins the pot. So, you could lose weight for summer AND be fifty or seventy or a hundred dollars richer. Isn't that fabulous?


I'm going to play along, because I desperately need some motivation, and wouldn't it be cool to win? The best part - even if I don't win, I do win, because I have tons of cute clothes that would fit again if I'd just lose ten pounds. And I don't have any money to buy new clothes. And I'm sick of feeling bloated and lethargic all the time. And I'd really like to look cute for graduation - and did I mention the bloated, lethargic thing?



The hardest part? The before photo, and an honest weigh-in, where I really look at the dreaded number on the scale. That's going to hurt. I just have to go and do it - like diving in to the pool on the first day of summer. There's the initial shock, but then you get used to it and pretty soon it feels great, right?


So, how about it, blog friends? Wanna play? Come on in - the water's fine! :)

7 comments:

Susie said...

Luckily I'm comfortable with my weight but I think it would be great if you do this to have people to encourage you. That would help tremendously

Terri said...

Susie, I do think it will be helpful to have some motivation. I'll hope this works! :)

Terri

Anonymous said...

We are having a fitness challenge like this at my work. So I'll have to stick with just one. Good luck on yours.

Wolfie said...

I need to. I've tried to do this a few times in the past few years and haven't managed to get much off (and keep it off) so far.

I did get 20 lbs and then gained 10 back and now... I am afraid to check. I'm sure the other 10 arrived with a bunch of "friends"!!! *sigh*

I am just mortified to post an honest weight for myself. Even my own family has no clue what I actually weigh. ICK!!!

(hanging head in shame) WOLFIE

TC said...

You said the water's great, but it ain't till after you jump in. And it's the jumpin in part that's always scared me. Kind of like diving in murky water, I won't do it.

Oh well, some of us must keep the "bagnes" image so all you slim and trim folks look good.

Terri said...

Anna, I think it's great that you're doing it at work. The blog thing is great for folks who, for whatver reason, can't do it at work. Like stay-home moms, or students... :)

Wolfie, you only give the weight to Abby so she can judge the winner. But, I understand - stepping on that scale is daunting.

TC, think of the fun you miss by not jumping in the water? :) I am totally a jump-in-the-water kind of gal!

This challenge isn't for everybody, but for me it's a way to start taking care of myself again - that's something I've been neglecting lately!

Terri

Connie said...

Terri, I'll have to give this some thought. I wouldn't mind losing some weight, but I'm not crazy about doing it publicly. It is a great idea though. Best of luck to you.